Using Element on iOS
- Download the Element App
- In the username box type in your Matrix ID (e.g. @bob:calcuode.com). Enter your password in the other box and tap "Log in". Ignore the box asking for a phone number.
- Tap the green "+" button, choose "Start chat" and type in my Matrix ID: @callum:calcudoe.com
- Press Enter on your keyboard, then tap "Start" in the top right corner. Now just type in a message and tap "Send".
- Now go back to the home screen and tap the "Secure Backup" box. Using Secure Backup allows you to securely save the secret keys used to encrypt your messages, so that you will always be able to read your old encrypted messages.
- Select "Generate a Security Key", tap "Save" and then "Save to Files". Choose a folder, tap "Add" and the "Continue". If you ever sign out of all your Matrix clients this file can be used to regain access to your encrypted messages.
- You're done!
Licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0